- 1 large (about 4 pounds) fresh pineapple
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 11 sprig(s) fresh lavender, rosemary, or lemon verbena
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- Cut the peel from the pineapple, remove the core, and cut the fruit into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the fruit in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until the pineapple is crushed but not pureed. Transfer to a large nonreactive pot, add the sugar, 4 cups water, and 3 herb sprigs.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Gently press the solids to extract the juice. Cool and stir in the lemon juice. Serve over ice garnished with the remaining herb sprigs.