All-Purpose Pizza Dough
5 c. unbleached bread flour
1 T. sugar (or honey)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. instant yeast
2 T. olive oil
1 3/4 c. (plus 1 T.) water, room temperature
Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
1. Fit an electric mixture with a dough hook (or use a large spoon & bowl). Combine all ingredients into bowl except cooking spray. Mix on slow speed for about 3 minutes, until ingredients are combined and flour is wet.
2. Increase the speed to medium and continue mixing for an additional 2 minutes. If dough seems very stiff, add more water, a teaspoon at a time. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
3. Lightly grease a bowl with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Form dough into smooth ball and place in bowl, turning to coat the surface with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap but do not let wrap touch dough. Let dough stand at room temperature 30, then refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days.
4. Two hours before you plan to make the pizzas, mist a baking sheet or cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or lightly rub with olive oil. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces, and form each piece into a smooth, round ball. Place dough balls on prepared pans, mist lightly with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap.
5. While dough proofs and comes to room temperature, prepare toppings and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
6. Shape dough into 12-inch round circles. Place on lightly greased pizza pan. Add toppings. Cook until crusts starts to brown and toppings are heated through.