Back in June of 2010, Ryan and I were about to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I had decided to make my wonderful boyfriend a romantic dinner. At that time, I worked at Cable Hollow Golf Course and I asked my boss for some tips on how to make Chicken Parmesan. A golfer, who played in the Tuesday night league, overheard us talking and had a tip that he just had to share. He joked and said to me that if I use Panko bread crumbs, my boyfriend would be so impressed that a proposal was guaranteed. So that weekend I made Chicken Parmesan for Ryan. He loooved it. On Tuesday morning, our 1 year anniversary, Ryan proposed to me before I went to work. Later that afternoon, the golfer who gave me the bread crumb tip asked me how the dinner went and if I used the bread crumbs he told me about. I held up my left hand to show off my sparkling new diamond and said, “You were right, it worked like a charm.” The golfer was flabbergasted and burst out laughing. He was shocked that the dinner led to a proposal. Sooo, if you are waiting for your guy to ‘pop the question’, try making him this recipe! It’s worth a shot 😉
4 chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. milk
2 cups bread crumbs
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 pound spaghetti pasta, cooked al dente
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
4 T. butter or olive oil
1 c. Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a sharp knife, stab the chicken breasts a few times.
2.Whisk together eggs and milk. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then bread crumbs.
3. Heat 2 T. butter or olive oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides. Set in a baking dish.
4. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover baking dish with tin foil. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti. Also, heat the rest of the butter/olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Add the onions and peppers to the skillet. Cook and stir until soft.
6. To serve, place cooked spaghetti onto a plate, lay a piece of chicken on top along with plenty of sauce, sprinkle chicken with Mozzarella cheese, lay sauteed onions and peppers on top.